Sunday, May 30, 2010

Macca quotes

They come from an interview he recently did.

Excerpts:
- "You know, being a Beatle was a great thing. I am grateful. There are four Beatles. I was one of them. The rest of it is all the stories and all the things that happened. I was there. John was there. Ringo was there. George was there. No one else was there. End of story."

- "It is unbelievable because I kind of flash back to being a little kid in Liverpool, going down the streets in me short trousers and that. Fast forward to this and it is unbelievable. Think of me as a kid and me now. The stuff that went in between was pretty hot sh*t, it's hard to put into words and the effect it has on you, but it is very lovely and I am very proud of it. It is part of my life."

- Asked where that optimism comes from, he says: "Me dad." His late father Jim was, so the story goes, a cotton salesman during the day, and a jazz musician with Jim Mac's Jazz Band by night. (Paul's mother Mary died of breast cancer when he was 14.)

"So I would say my family. I am really well-rooted and very luckily, very well-rooted. Don't ask me, man. I just got born into it. I didn't plan it. This is nothing they can accuse me of having planned," he laughs in reference to his happy thumbs-aloft Macca stereotype. "Do you know what I'm saying?"


- "That's all we were all aiming for when we wrote a song in the Beatles: for it to be remembered."

No comments: