Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's not quite over, leaving me time to do a brief post about The Beatles' best love songs. I imagine I'm with a plurality or maybe even a majority of fans when I say that George's "Something" should rank the highest. Earlier in the day, I tweeted on this subject, initially stating that my choice would be either "Here, There and Everywhere" or "Two of Us." A little reflection, though, led me to "Something." (In the case of "Two of Us," I was mistaking my favorite for their finest.) Also, I've seen lists that include "In My Life," but I think doing so misunderstands the true nature of the song; it's more a reflection on the past than anything else.

The best: "Something"
My favorite: "Two of Us"
Second favorite: "Don't Let Me Down"
Most underrated: "I've Just Seen a Face"

No comments: