Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jude on John

In an interview from September, Julian Lennon spoke very candidly about how his painful childhood has affected him as an adult. Admirably, he sounds determined to not repeat the sins of his father.

Excerpts from this article:

- “He was young and didn’t know what the hell he was doing," Julian said. "That’s the reason I haven’t had children yet. I didn’t want to do the same thing. No, I’m not ready. I want to know who I am first.”

- “Mum was more about love than Dad. He sang about it, he spoke about, but he never really gave it, at least not to me as his son."

- He added that he had to control the aggression he inherited from his father: “The darker side definitely comes from Dad. Whenever I get too aggressive, which comes from Dad's side, I try to calm myself down, be more positive."

No comments: