Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"The Beatles: Rock Band" song list (incomplete)

The songs that have been confirmed thus far as part of the game are: "Day Tripper," "I Am the Walrus," "Back in the USSR," "Taxman," "Here Comes the Sun," "Octopus's Garden," "I Feel Fine," "Get Back," and "All You Need Is Love."

In December, I wrote a lengthy post in which I voiced my skepticism about the game but also mentioned the songs I thought might suit the format. Let's see how they stack up against what we now know (I apologize if this seems like an indulgent exercise):

1) "Day Tripper"- I was for it.
2) "I Am the Walrus"- For it, but only because I thought it would be fun to perform vocally.
3) "Back in the USSR"- For it.
4) "Taxman"- For it.
5) "Here Comes the Sun"- I didn't suggest this song and I'll stand by that.
6) "Octopus's Garden"- Didn't suggest and probably still wouldn't; a bit ho-hum.
7) "I Feel Fine"- Didn't suggest, but I'm more open to this one.
8) "Get Back" - For it, but not wholeheartedly.
9) "All You Need Is Love"- Didn't suggest, but I'm interested to see it in action.

To be sure, my picks were fairly obvious. But overall, not too bad. Apparently, the game will feature 45 songs plus full albums for download, the first one being Abbey Road. Bravo. I'm very curious to find out what lesser-known Beatles tunes made the cut. You can achieve quite a variety with 45 songs at your disposal.

No comments: