Friday, July 16, 2010

The best three songs in a row on a Beatles album

Here's the final list, untouched by tedious explanation and open to revision. It brings this absurdly drawn-out series to a close.

Worst to best:
13) "Hey Bulldog," "It's All Too Much," and "All You Need Is Love" (from Yellow Submarine)

12) "Ask Me Why," "Please Please Me," and "Love Me Do" (from Please Please Me)

11) "No Reply," "I'm a Loser," and "Baby's in Black" (from Beatles for Sale)

10) "A Hard Day's Night," "I Should Have Known Better," and "If I Fell" (from A Hard Day's Night)

9) "Two of Us," "Dig a Pony," and "Across the Universe" (from Let It Be)

8) "I Want You (She's So Heavy)," "Here Comes the Sun," and "Because" (from Abbey Road)

7) "I've Just Seen a Face," "Yesterday," and "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" (from Help!)

6) "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "With a Little Help from My Friends," and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)

5) "It Won't Be Long," "All I've Got to Do," and "All My Loving" (from With The Beatles)

4) "Happiness Is a Warm Gun," "Martha My Dear," and "I'm So Tired" (from The Beatles)

3) "I Am the Walrus," "Hello, Goodbye," and "Strawberry Fields Forever" (from Magical Mystery Tour)

2) "Girl," "I'm Looking Through You," and "In My Life" (from Rubber Soul)

1) "Taxman," "Eleanor Rigby," and "I'm Only Sleeping" (from Revolver)

Done.

No comments: