Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Rock Band" tracklist update

Harmonix and MTV Games recently announced 19 more songs that will be part of The Beatles: Rock Band, putting the number of known tracks at 44 (out of 45 total).

The new ones (and the venue for each) are:
- "Boys"(Cavern Club)
- "A Hard Day's Night"(Ed Sullivan Theater)
- "I'm Looking Through You"(Shea Stadium)
- "If I Needed Someone"(Shea Stadium)
- "Ticket to Ride"(Shea Stadium)
- "Drive My Car"(Budokan)
- "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Getting Better"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Good Morning"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Hello, Goodbye"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Hey Bulldog"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Dear Prudence"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Helter Skelter"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Something"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Come Together"(Abbey Road Dreamscape)
- "Don't Let Me Down"(Rooftop Concert)
- "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"(Rooftop Concert)
- "I Me Mine"(Rooftop Concert)

Here, then, is the most up-to-date official list. As far as the final song is concerned, I would be rather surprised if it's not "Hey Jude." Yes, it's piano-based and rather long. But it's also an adored classic and The Beatles' biggest-selling single ever. And it would make for loud and spirited sing-a-longs.

No comments: